Board index GENERAL General Topics Sid Dickens Inc v. Lori Gelbart & Pamela Pollack (UPDATE)

Sid Dickens Inc v. Lori Gelbart & Pamela Pollack (UPDATE)

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Looks like Pamela Pollack (Pamela de Somov) is finally having to answer for her actions in the community.

Sid Dickens Inc v. Rodney F Decker, Lori Gelbart & Pamela Pollack
http://dockets.justia.com/docket/california/cacdce/2:2012cv07682/541816/

For those of you not familiar with Pamela Pollack aka Pamela Pollak aka Pamela de Somov, many collectors have had issues with her for years. Last i heard she was in the LA/Santa Clarita area. I think the correct spelling of Pamela's last name is Pollak. Searching online it says that Lori Gelbart has lived in Las Vegas, NM and Simi Valley, CA. I also show Rod Decker in the LA area.

Several members have questioned the authenticity of tiles they have purchased from this area, so I wonder whether this is what prompted the action by Sid Dickens, inc. Have you made a purchase and question the authenticity of your block?

If you did, please email me at tips@sidcollectors.com

Thank you
Robin - Sidcollector

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Have a question on collecting: info@sidcollectors.com
Have an unknown item, not listed in SidCLOPEDIA: tips@sidcollectors.com

Sidcollector - Robin

Do they sell on eBay? What user names do they use?

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Couple of updates on this matter:

1. I searched my system and found that Lori Gelbart has joined this message board several times since 2008. She has joined this board as:

• LILRED
• LORI
• LPGIRL

If you have purchased any blocks from these members and have some concerns on the block's authenticity, feel free to email me at tips@sidcollectors.com.

2. I have heard from a few members that Lori took their money and never shipped the blocks.

3. I confirmed with Sid Dickens, Inc that the Trademark Tile T89 is at least one of the blocks involved in the litigation.

Thank you
Robin - Sidcollector
tips@sidcollectors.com

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Sidcollector - Robin

Her name from her email is Dee Somis... I dont know if this is another alias?

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

iggal55 wrote:
Her name from her email is Dee Somis... I dont know if this is another alias?

Hmmmm: Dee Somis sounds like De Somov, like Pamela De Somov, aka Pamela Pollack

Sidcollector - Robin

I have talked to this woman on the phone. She called me using a blocked number. I had sent her my phone number after hearing that she took Brawleygirl for money. From my conversation she said she had bought out several authourized Sid stores of there blocks when they went out of business in Vegas. If you wanted a tile she had it. She even said she had altered tiles that she had someone do for her to "make them look better". She does sell on eBay and hopefully Brawleygirl can remember it.

Oh my! I recently purchased a Trademark block from LPGirl and now wonder if perhaps I have a real one. This LPGirl I was communicating with said her name was Juanita Nancy Sims from Reseda, CA. She went by "Nancy."

I ordered the Trademark block in late July and didn't receive it until late August. She had one excuse after another as to why it was taking so long to send it to me, and at one point I thought she was going to take the money and run. I hope my block is not a fake, but if it is…shame on her.
Image It's Grr-reat To Be A Florida Gator! Image

Southern charm that's exactly what happened to me. I paid her at the end of aug and have been getting nothing but excuse after excuse from her. The pictures she sent me the block looks real but who knows might not be her pictures. (for I sold a block on ebay once and caught someone else using my picture) I has been almost 4 weeks now when she promised to send next day to me and I only live 10 min away. But that too was an excuse why she wouldnt meet me. I don't think my trademark block is coming I think she's going to take the $$ and run unfortunately. :crying:
And yes I just looked at my original email from her and she says she is in reseda,ca

Pamela Pollack, the one who sold the "M" scribe tile painted silver. Anyone else remember that story? I felt so sorry for the woman who bought that tile.

FVI, this same person contacted me via Craigslist Vancouver. Claiming to be from Seattle, she offered for sale a Pure Gold and wait for it.......... Trademark. Being that Seattle and Vancouver is so close, that in itself is not unusual. My BS radar was lit up when she next showed me a picture of a Pamela made iron Family Crest. I decided to play along and my suspicion was confirmed when she stated that she was in fact in California (visiting) and that the tiles were being shipped from there. Continuing the charade, I had her send me her full contact details. When I finally ended it saying I changed my mind, she was SO mad at me and accused me of wasting her time and being unprofessional. YEAH OK.

Let me be clear, my incident luckily was a might of been, but I have no doubt in my mind of the implied intent. Good luck to everyone and hope for a satisfactory outcome.

Who can take someone seriously with an avatar like that anyways....

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

So far we have the following alias's:

Board names:
LilRed
Lori
LPGirl
RojoDevil

Contact names:
Lori Gelbart
Juanita Nancy Sims
De Somis

Heard from more members and apparently she is using ebay too:

Lovingthewest
http://myworld.ebay.com/lovingthewest/? ... 4340.l2559

livinginthe702
http://myworld.ebay.com/livinginthe702/

Robin

Sidcollector - Robin

How horrible all this is going on. It all comes down to lies, greed and deception. :devil3:

Buyer beware always! :bugeye2:

iggal55 wrote:
Southern charm that's exactly what happened to me. I paid her at the end of aug and have been getting nothing but excuse after excuse from her. The pictures she sent me the block looks real but who knows might not be her pictures. (for I sold a block on ebay once and caught someone else using my picture) I has been almost 4 weeks now when she promised to send next day to me and I only live 10 min away. But that too was an excuse why she wouldnt meet me. I don't think my trademark block is coming I think she's going to take the $$ and run unfortunately. :crying:
And yes I just looked at my original email from her and she says she is in reseda,ca

iggal55, I am so sorry this is happening to you as well. I bet she has used the same excuses with you that she used on me. I have a feeling that all the Trademarks she has been selling are fakes...just like the names she has been using.
Image It's Grr-reat To Be A Florida Gator! Image

I have been contacted by Juanita "Nancy" Sims, too, wanting to trade for....yup, you guessed it...Pure Gold, Trademark,
Fleur de Lis (black, silver or gold), Gate and more.....
:frown1:

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Here is a photo of Pamela Pollak (aka Pamela de Somov), in case somebody has met up with her near Simi Valley, CA.
Attachments
photo pamela pollak aka de somov.jpg
photo pamela pollak aka de somov.jpg (14.94 KiB) Viewed 6339 times

Sidcollector - Robin

Next

Return to General Topics