Board index REPAIR & INFO FROM THE SID DOCTOR! Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs... Repairs for T123 and T086

Repairs for T123 and T086

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:41 pm

I have two Sid Dickens tiles T123 (French Crest) and T086 (Home Shield). They were slightly damaged in a military change of duty station move. The movers chipped both tiles. In order to get our Sid Dickens tiles repaired to thier previous flawless condition we need to get them appraised so the movers pay for the repairs. Does anyone have a point of contact for an authorized repairer or appraiser. Thank you for your time and help!!!

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:32 pm

there really is no one that can restore them other than me sadly enough.Most insurance companies want you to take them to a liscensed restorer....so far I have probably fixed a good dozen tiles that restorers destroyed,as they just have no clue what they are doing with this material.

AS for values there is the Sidclopedia that has sales flow charts for the last year or so and cahrts average values of most ever tile.

Now should they let you send them to me I only charge $20 a tile and shipping back to owner and some of my work is posted in the picture gallery.Never had a repair I could not do in over 400 tiles that have come to me.
Beer...........It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Post Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:22 am

The Dr. speaks the truth.

I had a Lotus that looked as tough it had been attacked by a cheese grater that he restored to perfection.

Here are links to SidCLOPEDIA for those two.

French Crest (T123) : http://www.sidcollectors.com/catalog/index_database_fullview.php?sidnum=T123

Home Shield (T086): http://www.sidcollectors.com/catalog/index_database_fullview.php?sidnum=T086

Good luck! Oh, and welcome to the board. If we can be of assistance with SidCLOPEDIA or any of it's features, Photo Gallery, or anything else just ask.
Allen

:allen:

Return to Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs...