Board index REPAIR & INFO FROM THE SID DOCTOR! Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs... Sid Dickens Inc v. Lori Gelbart & Pamela Pollack (UPDATE)

Sid Dickens Inc v. Lori Gelbart & Pamela Pollack (UPDATE)

This woman has been intermittently contacting me regarding- of course Trademark, the price keeps coming down accompanied with reasons she needs the money!!
I strongly suspect my horror story of spending heaps of money and never receiving the tiles- that occured 2010, was likely to be this woman!

All the pics look absolutely genuine and she clearly makes quite a sum of money from repeatedly "selling" the same tile. I think she thinks those of us collectors way down in New Zealandare a soft touch as its difficult to get info on her.
Now she has been "outed" on this site hopefully her fake income stream will dry up!

rosie7 wrote:
This woman has been intermittently contacting me regarding- of course Trademark, the price keeps coming down accompanied with reasons she needs the money!!

Rosie...at one point in my communications with "Nancy", she suggested I pay her "what I could" and then pay the rest later and she would be willing to send me the Trademark tile immediately. I think her thought was it would be better to have a little money than none at all. Of course, I'm sure I would not have seen that tile immediately...or in the future.
Image It's Grr-reat To Be A Florida Gator! Image

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

RubyRed wrote:
Pamela Pollack, the one who sold the "M" scribe tile painted silver. Anyone else remember that story? I felt so sorry for the woman who bought that tile.

Here is how the story goes, from somebody that was around when she first sold those fake Millennium tiles:

After ingratiating herself with long standing members of the old Sid Dickens message board, she announced that she scored a bunch of Millennium tiles while hunting for retired tiles. She said she purchased all of them and would be offering them for sale to fellow board members. It was later uncovered by the tile doctor that these tiles were in fact M scribes painted silver because the back stamps were not consistent with the original Millennium tiles. She sold a lot of these, and defrauded a great number of unsuspecting folks and this is when the market for Sid tiles were high.

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Have a question on collecting: info@sidcollectors.com
Have an unknown item, not listed in SidCLOPEDIA: tips@sidcollectors.com

Sidcollector - Robin

I will try not to be long winded but I am sure glad that the Sid community/and Sid Dickens himself is exposing this woman. I don't know how she sleeps at night.

I found Lori on the collectors page. I bought Trademark and Pure Gold from her, via Paypal. She didn't send them and didn't send them and didn't send them. She had excuse after excuse as to why. I finally told her if she didn't refund my money I was going to open a claim with Paypal for unreceived goods. She has 10 days to provide proof of shipment. So I was waiting for her response.....

In the mean time I was seeing Trademark, and Pure Gold tiles show up on EBAY in the location she stated she was. I also found Craigslist ads (in various California locations) of her trying to sell the same tiles, with the SAME photos she sent me. I was starting to feel majorly scammed. Especially when the Craigslist ads were flagged and pulled within 24 hours.

Soooooo long story short she sent me a shipping label number the last possible day she could (the 10th day) through Paypal. Turns out the shipping label was FAKE and never would show me any information when typed in on the USPS webpage.

I ended up getting my money refunded through Paypal. So I am glad she never sent me any fakes.

I went ahead and wrote her and told her how she made me feel through her actions. E-mail below...

Lori,
I can't believe you strung me out for so long. Knowing full well you were never going to send me those tiles. Then you sold a Trademark on EBAY. You should be ashamed of yourself. I am going to make sure that the sidcollectors webpage knows about the type of business you do.
Sarah

And her Response:

Dear Sarah,

First of all, let me apologize for how all of this has gotten delayed. I did not sell a Trademark on ebay recently, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
I've had a series of horrific events. While on this last trip to California, I caught 2 men breaking into my car at 2 am. I wasn't clear what was happening at the time and when I approached them was assaulted. I don't want to go into more details than that, but I've taken a leave of absence from my work to deal with the situation and rest.

I still have your tiles and would still like to finish the deal we started. I'm currently staying in California with family which is where the tiles that were never hung are.
I should have communicated before this but I've been overwhelmed with what happened and needed to be secluded. Please let me know what you'd like to do.

Sincerely,
Lori
P.S. If you'd like to call me to talk about any of this, I can be reached at 424-256-6520. If I don't answer, please leave a message, I may be sleeping but will call you right back.

SHE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO FULL OF IT!!!!!

I am glad she won't be able to scam anyone else. GO SID DICKENS!!!

sidcollector wrote:
Here is a photo of Pamela Pollak (aka Pamela de Somov), in case somebody has met up with her near Simi Valley, CA.

She kind of looks like my cleaning lady. I wonder if she own a broom?

It's stunning to witness what a pathological liar she is! How does she keep it all straight? In my experience, the more elaborate and detailed one's excuses are, the more likely it is, as here, complete and utter bullsh!t.

She told me she had a special needs child, and used it as an excuse for all her woes. I'm sure now it was a lie.

In viewing her photo, she is as ugly on the outside as she is on the inside.

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Below is a photo received today from one of Pamela/Lori's victims. I have received several other photos this week, and the backs are all very similar.

Appears she had some rubber stamps made or something. I have also seen the back of one of her Pure Gold's and it looks just like this one.

This is not to say she didn't change up the backs on other blocks. This is just one of her standard mocks ups on the back.

Robin

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Sidcollector - Robin

I'm confused...this Pamela Pollack is making 'realistic' fake Sids and ALSO faking the backs? So, a total copy/rip off of Sids tile??

How would someone know if they are real or not if they are so good at being a forgery???

So, your recent photos are from people that have been buying from Pamela/Lori??

It really makes you wonder if you are buying a fake or not b/c she will sell to people that don't know and they could resell a year or two later....and the buyers wouldn't have a clue!

That's scary!! Really bad news! :bugeye:

If you have bought a tile from any of these names, you can bet your bottom dollar you probably have purchased a fake. Just sayin'...

LilRed
Lori
LPGirl
RojoDevil
Lori Gelbart
Juanita Nancy Sims
De Somis

And any of her buyers could have unwittingly resold those counterfeit tiles!

It's really unfortunate that Sid Dickens didn't crack down on her YEARS AGO when she sold the Millenium tiles (which were actually M scribe tiles painted silver). Back then, she was caught because the backtamps were inconsistent with the tile. It looks like she learned from that mistake and now fakes the backstamps as well.

Robin, how do we determine whether we have any counterfeit tiles? Should we attempt to trace back particular tiles purchased during a particular time period?

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

I don't think much could of been done on those Millenium tiles. It's basically "he said, she said", and Pamela could of claimed she bought them that way. If your going to spend the time & resources to sue somebody in a different country, you better have a strong case.

I am not sure how many different blocks the studio has against Pamela, but she was obviously selling Trademarks all over the place this year. As others have stated in this thread, she wasn't just advertising these blocks on ebay and this board, she was contacting random people from craigslist, trying to trade these trademarks and pure golds. This lady was desperate for cash and probably left a very long trail that could be used against her in court.

Far as identifying the fakes, it won't be a problem at all. I will post more info on that later!
Robin

Sidcollector - Robin

I also recall seeing copies a few years back of the T-40 Child (blond) on ebay that were Pamela Pollack listings. I think her name was on the backs of those? Who knows how many of those are out there ?

Robin...any new development on these cases? They should be made to pay back the money they stole from the people that didn't receive their tile...fake or not.

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

SouthernCharm wrote:
Robin...any new development on these cases? They should be made to pay back the money they stole from the people that didn't receive their tile...fake or not.

Haven't heard anything. The case appears to be in the beginning stage.

Far as refunds, not much you can do unless you didn't receive anything from this group. I have heard from several victims who received refunds, after filing a claim with paypal.

For those who received fake goods, I would imagine that paypal or ebay would give you some type of extra protection. Please let us know what happens, so we can pass the word to others.

I WOULD RECOMMEND contacting the Reseda, CA Police department. They might be interested in knowing that one of their residents is either selling fake goods, or deliberately stealing money with no intention of shipping the goods. That is called interstate mail fraud, and should land Pamela/Lori in jail.

Looks like Lori/Pamela have disappeared online. I don't see them advertising anymore.
Robin

Sidcollector - Robin

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs...