Board index REPAIR & INFO FROM THE SID DOCTOR! Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs... TAKING REPAIRS AGAIN

TAKING REPAIRS AGAIN

Post Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:28 pm

ok i am into new apartment after a week of living like a gypsie.......

Cindy and I are staying at separate residenses......both of us are seeking counseling to learn how to be better people and work through our demons......we both have many.....

my son is also going into counseling to learn how to treat a step mom and how to treat people in general,i am not the best role model.....and he has issues unresolved i am guessing from his birth mom.......

Both Cindy and I are terribly torn at living apart,.........we have been together for 13 years now and love each other dearly.......but we both know till all the familes issues are dealt with with counseling we cannot live healthily live together........

I have a currant address to send to anyone who needs it and can take repairs again......

My collection is down to a small amount now,cindy and i split them and i had to sell my half.....i still have about 20 left,but many are damaged and not sellable so I will fix them and hang them proudly in my small apartment.......lol

I want to thank everyone for their support and prayers on this difficult situation.....i know i have always been upfront and open with my life with everyone.....i have very few real friends and as such consider all of you my friends,and have met many of you over the years..........

So anyone who needs the new address let me know as i am open for busines and working for beer again.......Brian
Beer...........It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Post Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:16 pm

Brian, Marie and I are very happy to hear that things are settling in for you. Seems that everyone is moving in the right direction. I know that collectively, we are all sending you guys our best hopes and wishes, cus that's what friends do. Not to mention a sigh of relief that the DOC is back in bizness! lol

H&M

Post Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:36 am

Brian,
I am very relieved and glad to hear that you two are working things out. Prayer does get answered!

Please send me the new hospital address.
Allen

:allen:

Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:06 pm

Brian,

I am also so very happy to hear that the three of you are seeking councilling. Although I have never met you, I truly can feel your such a genuine, fantastic person!!!!!!'

Wishing all of you all the luck in the world.

Cheers
Helen
"Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you'll die today"
-James Dean-

Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 pm

Hi Brian,

I'm just seeing this post....so glad to hear from you and that you all are getting some counseling.
You and Cindy have been on my mind a lot....also glad to hear the hopital (as New Florida Guy calls it LOL) is back open!

Best to you and your family! :flower2:
Keep in touch!

Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 pm

Hi Brian,

I'm just seeing this post....so glad to hear from you and that you all are getting some counseling.
You and Cindy have been on my mind a lot....also glad to hear the hopital (as New Florida Guy calls it LOL) is back open!

Best to you and your family! :flower2:
Keep in touch!

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:52 am

Brian,

As with everyone else, my thoughts are with you and Cindy at this time.

Thinking of you - with love and admiration (it takes a 'real man' to seek and undertake counselling)

Robyn

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:23 pm
sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Brian, as we have already talked about, this is great news. You know we are your extended family, and will always be here for you.

Robin

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Have a question on collecting: info@sidcollectors.com
Have an unknown item, not listed in SidCLOPEDIA: tips@sidcollectors.com

Sidcollector - Robin

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:33 pm

Brian, glad to hear this. You and Cindy have been in my thoughts and prayers. I'll continue to keep you there as you work through this all.

Glad to hear the DOC is back! I know I for one am relieved (you know, just in case....). :flower2:
DeeDee

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:08 pm

First two tiles have arrived today safe and sound for repair.......it is nice to be repairing tiles again,it takes my mind off of everything that is going on........

Been a hard week,been sick with what looks like possible Swine Flu,been very ill all week,feeling better today finally after 6 days sick........

Joe of course came home tuesday from school with a scooter he stole out of a yard on his walk home.....he may drive me insane with the stealing.......

Cindy finally made it to the doctor to get back on her meds for her esophogus.......that is great but during the entire physical the doctor found a lump in her breast that was not there last year,so she has to do a ton of testing to find out if it is just a lump or cancer.......

Very stressfull........very scarey......but I am holding up........just purchsaed a $100 of Nicorette today to get me back off the Marlboros........man I hate smoking but when greatly stressed I tend to fall back to my dear old friend the Marlboro man...... I hope to be free once again from them as they are cutting into my tile money with a vengence......smoke over a pack aday when stressed.....sucks

Well that is all.......if you got tiles for repair let me know as I am good to go on repairs again.......sorry about the long delay in repairs but wanted to have a good address to ship to prior to taking on any more tiles.......

Going to hang my remaining tiles this weekend......looks like about 18 tiles.....which is what i started with so long ago......lol........Brian

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:09 am

Hi Brian
Prays do get answered - I am happy that things are moving forward for both you and Cindy. I almost fell over when I heard - please accept my apologises for not contacting you sooner I am into the last part of my study so really no time for anything. You are both in my hearts and prays. Please give my love to Cindy and big cuddles to you both and of course to your son.

Always in my thoughts
Michelle xx

PS (almost forgot in the excitment of your good news could you please send me your details as I now have 3 repairs - I know I keep buying blocks that people smash then send to me, mmmm).
People are butterflies in the wind, Some can fly higher than others; but each one flies the best it can. Why compare one against the other? Each one is different! Each one is special! Each one is beautiful!

Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:03 am

Hi Michelle

It is a fellow NZer here. The two tiles Brain mentioned are mine and one of them was bought off someone on Trade Me that arrived chipped. But you would not believe it, I bought yet another one last week where she (not same trader) assured me it was perfect, then when I got it it had a large chip out of it. She blamed the post office but the tile was either already broken or the packaging was so bad (which it was) that it got chipped in transit. Either way she didn't want to know.

Who ahve you been buying off that sells you chipped tiles?

And yay for Brian being back being a Doc.

Cheers
Helen M

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:38 am

Hello Brian.
You, Cindy and your son are in my thoughts. Brian, you and I have the same philosophy. If there is something I have lived though which can or could encourage or be of any benefit to others in a similar situation...I will share my experience.

I know by looking at the honesty in your posts …that someone reading them will say if a truly well liked man like you...is committed to counselling, then it will encourage them to deal with the set backs in their own life. You’re like a special friend to me (I always read your posts faithfully) Please take care of yourself.

Yea, I am so happy you are back in the business of repairing Sid’s. There is no one else who can take your place, ever.

I also have a tile to repair. It has piece broken off. Could you please pm me on how to send it to you.

Your friend,
Gayle

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:14 pm

PM sent Gayle......yes the funny apart about the counseling so far is the counseler told Cindy she needs to jsut let the past go and work as being a friend to my son,not hold all the history inside......the best part is I have said that for years to her and others......lol.....but when you pay a counselor to tell you it meens more I guess.......lol......but really we are moving forward,got a ways to go.......

I think one thing they should teach people is that when you get married you should goto counseling......that way you can learn the tools to work through things,not jsut wait till it all goes wrong to try to solve it when people are angry and bitter.......

I have always been painfully honest as a person.......it has its downfalls trust me......but I have always been known as a man of my word and for a person who will go to the ends of the earth to help out if need be......imaging if more people in the world just did a bit more for others.......not anything big,even a smile to a stranger or a hello can change the day......BZ

Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Hoping things are doing better for all 3 of you.

Next

Return to Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs...