Board index REPAIR & INFO FROM THE SID DOCTOR! Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs... doctor Doctor..........give me the news...........

doctor Doctor..........give me the news...........

Well the next batch is about to leave to go home.................and the next is about to arrive..........leaving soon is a PQ Black Heart and a Jeweled Gown and a Angelic Boy and a Leaves...........

Arriving.........Chancellor.............PQ Star.............Family Crest...........and a T66 Heart and crown..............and from a new member even......very cool............

I will be posting photos of every repair for entertainment and for the purpose of referance...........many of my photos of about a hundred repairs were lost.........as I get time I will contact the owners and get final pictures from them.............

I hope everyone will get to continue to enjoy watching the morphing of damaged tiles............

And as always I do stress........all repairs need to be disclosed in the event of sale............

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:46 am

When things die down,I have a old pawn with the oval stamp that could use your loving touch as it has a few dings on the back(face ok).No big hurry though just whenever you get to a slowdown

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:04 pm

SEnd me pictures........it might be something I can walk you through without sending..........save you a few bucks.........BZ
Beer...........It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:26 pm

I would be hopeless in your business I would have them all hanging on my wall - taking pics of me standing in front of them before sending them back - lol and I am sure a couple would find a place under my pillow - :lol:
People are butterflies in the wind, Some can fly higher than others; but each one flies the best it can. Why compare one against the other? Each one is different! Each one is special! Each one is beautiful!

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:20 am

No no..........all tiles that come for repair go home.........I have never had any inkling of keeping one............I have plenty of tiles for my own collection...........last count I have over 110 again...........and who knows how many at Cindy's moms..........

I have no need for anyone else's tiles............this is a fun hobby for me..........it gives people something to watch,it helps people when their tile gets broken..........

If I wanted to make money from the repairs I would charge by the hour.........but that is what my job is for..........this is for the collectors........

I have fixed over 200 tiles easy and never once has one not made it home.........and the next 200 will all make it home too...........

The latest batch are now drying.......both are shattered.........I need to get pictures posted,but the Administrator is setting a space aside to put them all...............

There is a very damaged tiles that I am working on and one that is just majorly damaged and one here for a face lift..........it has traveled halfway around the world to be here........

Well I better get some rest........been a busy week..........
Beer...........It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:30 am

I hope I did not offend - Brian I know that you would never do anything like that at all..... I am a bit of a magpie - lol

There will most probably be some blocks that I will never see in real and for some reason looking at them in pictures and on the site they seem to be so different in real life.
People are butterflies in the wind, Some can fly higher than others; but each one flies the best it can. Why compare one against the other? Each one is different! Each one is special! Each one is beautiful!

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:13 pm

Hello fellow collectors,

Just want you all to know what an amazing job Brian does with his repairs. I just got my latest one back from him and it is beautiful. The worst basket case was unrecognizable after Brian worked his magic. They all hang proudly on my walls and I treasure them all the more since he is now such a big part of them. He is the king of
EXTREME MAKEOVER

BarbaraJo 8)

Return to Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs...