Board index REPAIR & INFO FROM THE SID DOCTOR! Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs... I am taking on a challenge........

I am taking on a challenge........

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:32 pm

Well I am taking on a challenge,the very tile that started it all was the T08 Heart W Hand.......mine came to me in......well I stopped counting at 27 pieces.

I have taken on another........this one will top the first though.....as well I will let the pictures tell the story.......it was a wedding gift to the collector and their first tile........well I will make it new again......

Figure it wil be good entertainment,and frankly I am getting bored.......nearly finished withthe 4 that area here now,in fact they are gonna be done tonight,got another that has been done for a week,but owner is MIA on vacation I think.

There is a Bacgammon coming that is smoke damaged from a smoker doing such indoors,that one is gonna be a fun one for me........

But this one well ........it is gonna be for me........I love to challenge myself.......pictures area shocking,and yes that is all I have to work with,the rest of the tile were tossed and the owner did nothave the heart to throw out the large piece sent to me,I am glad they found me though......DOC.

Hey it's Cindy..................
Here are pictures. :greentongue:
:green:

He says he can do it....so I will post up pictures all the way. CZ
Beer...........It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:06 am

well Brian has started his challange and I am making him do my 3 challanges that have been sitting around forever...
wing sun
dido
All for are drying

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:51 pm

Ha....for some of the new members....that was my broken Dido :cry: ....she fell off the fireplace mantel. It was a quick death...she didn't suffer (but I did! :bugeye2: ) I gave Dido to Brian to keep and to with it what he wanted...I bought a new one.
Brian, are you going to try to restore it or make a blank tile???

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:44 pm

well for now I am gonna try to restore,and if it does not wrok out then will make a blank.....she is badly busted and there are about 3 feet of crack lines to hide......so time will tell how she turns out.

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:23 pm

I know you can fix it Dr!! Good luck on the not smoking,proud of you!!

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:01 pm

Well another has arrived, a smoke stained PQ Backgammon pretty tile but really really brown in color,not the odd yellow galzed tiles you seenow and again,but brown........I will make him look pretty too.......starting tonight while watching the mariners game.

got invited to the game on sunday so gotta work on them tonight as I am losing a days to work on them this week....lol.......hey baseball is baseball and I get to see the Tigers play,love the Tigers and the Mariners so it wil be a great game.

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:49 am

I posted my tragic story in the General forum...but the T08 is mine. *Sigh* When I told my story to the person I bought a replacement tile from (off Ebay), her first question was "Do you know Brian?" I had no idea who she was talking about! But...boy...I'm glad I do now!!!! When I read that this was the very tile that started it all for Brian, I thought it was fate..and well, here I am!

Thanks again Brian for all you do!

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:50 pm

no problem......gonna start adding plaster to it tonight,it iwll take a while as I gotta go layer by layer....lol.......gonna be a fun tile for me as I look at the original and see all the flaws in my lack of skills back then,so I shall see if I can do better now.......lol.

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:24 pm

DeeDee3 wrote:
her first question was "Do you know Brian?" I had no idea who she was talking about!

LOL didn't I ask if you know DOCTOR Brian? :D
I'm glad you joined the message board and decided to send it to Brian, I'm sure he can fix it for you and I was so touched by your story about this tile, so I hope you will receive this special tile, which will be even more special now with some extra love from Doctor Brian!

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:44 pm

Ha! Yes, NiNet - it may have been Dr. Brian - I was in such a state of shock :bugeye: that all I saw was "Brian"! I can promise you if - sorry - WHEN Brian works his magic and resurrects it - it will be hung with love....on a SIDSAVER!!!!! :angel2:

Post Tue May 12, 2009 8:59 pm

Image :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:
:bugeye2: :bugeye2: :bugeye2: :bugeye2: :bugeye2: :bugeye2: :bugeye2: :bugeye2:

It is great to watch this tile get all better.

DeeDee your gonna love it.

Post Wed May 13, 2009 11:56 am

:flower2: Thank you from my mending heart!!!!

I'm still amazed at Brian's talent!!! Amazed..and thankful!

Post Tue May 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Well this is about 30 hours of work,it has been painted with white piant at this point as I cannot hide all the cracks without using paint to cover them........going to send the owner pictures now.....she has not seen it to this stage yet........lol

Post Thu May 28, 2009 6:02 am

:bugeye: :bugeye: :bugeye: :bugeye: :bugeye: :bugeye:
:laughing3:

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:39 pm

T08 is nearly completed........will take pictures tomorrow and it is going home very soon.......took a lot of work,it is not perfect....but I only had a small piece to work with.......but it is one that is it was on the wall and you did not know it was ever damaged you would not know it was damaged........so all in all it came out........hang in there for pictures.

Next

Return to Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs...