Board index GENERAL General Topics My First Gift!

My First Gift!

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:57 pm

As a new collector, I just tonight received a BEAUTIFUL Damask, (that I have lusted after for YEARS!), from two very special friends whom are also collectors. I cannot find words to express my sentiments in receiving this block. It is the one most special gift I have received in many years, and brought heartfelt tears when I opened it. I will treasure it for years and years to come . . . unless I've overcome with Alzeihemeirs perhaps (let's hope not!). The only gift I've received that even come close to Damask is the last pair of PJ's my Mom gave me prior to her passing, which was a gift she always gave me to open on Christmas Eve, and I gift I will treasure for all of my days left here on this ole earth. I can not wait to hang this one, needless to say! It will have a special place in my small collection. Happy Holidays to all! ~~ Jeanne

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:29 pm

I must not advise using blocks as PJs.........been there done that........it can go horribly wrong........ :lol:
Beer...........It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:50 pm

Please allow me to rectify myself and my erroneous ways (the "blond roots are coming out once again!). Damask was my 2nd gift! My first gift was TWO beatiful new tiles, from the fall collection, from my fabulous boss and her husband; tiles that I will also treasure all of my days. Needless to say, I work for, and with, some fabulous folks. I can't WAIT to get them all hung!!! Each of these gifts have very special meaning to me, and I can't wait to get them hung so I can look at them daily. Any suggestions on the hanging process will be very appreciated! Brian, I suppose it's best to hang them when I haven't been drinking, huh?

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:54 pm

Jeanne:

Go ahead and hang them when you're drinking. Brian enjoys the repairs. :wink:

Ask Jim to help you hang them. He's an expert.

Leslie

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:34 pm

HighStrung wrote:
Any suggestions on the hanging process will be very appreciated!

Jeanne ~ there are so many different ways to hang you tiles. Perhaps checking out Sid's Website -- http://www.siddickens.com/ and then click on Showrooms might help you.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:13 am

I hang all my tiles after I have been drinking...........fist put pillows down onthe floor.........have a drink...........get Dewalt.........and screw.........have a drink.............point at whereyou wanthe tile to hang and go for it..........stop at that point though.......come back the next day and try to figure out why the tile is hanging from the kitchen cupboard........open cupboard and get glass........pour drink..........repeat process.......... :P

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:27 am

Thanks for each of your helpful, and humorous, tips on hanging my tiles. After much ado, I've completed my "master piece wall hanging project"...without any damage -- hooray! Brian, the pillow idea was fabulous, and provided much comfort in my anxiety of breaking a tile! Thankfully, each tile ended up where it was intended to be, with no holes in my kitchen cabinets, toilet seats or other such obscure and inconvenient places. So I have no holes to patch, just yet, but I'm sure that day will come as my collection grows and I decide to move my blocks around.

Southern Charm, thanks for the suggestion to check out the pics on the website. There are two many of your collections to list all that I admire -- they are all so lovely, unique, and special in their own way! I have admired the pics on the various websites for months, and went back and carefully studied them again, coming to the conclusion that my anal retention would not mix well with a straight-line display. So I opted to hang them off centered, after being reminding that each tile has a minimal variance in where the hole is located that makes it difficult to hang them in straight lines.

So, now that I have my first 7 blocks hung, I'm ready to see the Spring Collection, and decide whether I want some of them, or some of the older tiles next -- decisions, decisions. But I'm adding my pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and the few available dollars to my "Sid's fund" so I'll be more prepared to make my next purchases! It will take me awhile to get all that I want, but I'm finding that the hunt is half of the fun, and sharing my Sid passion with you other Ho's and Head's increases the pleasure tremendously.

Again, thanks to each of you for your assistance and suggestions. Happy New Year to each of you! ~~ Jeanne

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:22 am

Jeanne ~

Well, you are an official Sid-Collector now that you have your tiles on the wall, AND I might add, on your way to becoming an addict with the rest of us ... :D

Happy collecting!
Bev

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:58 pm

Jeannie,

Now you have to take photos for us to see and enjoy :)

No pressure though :)

Karen

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:51 pm

POst PoST POst POst POst them pictures............LOL.........

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:44 pm

Highstrung,cant wait to see your collection!! I plan on getting some pixs on here of my collection soon.I just wish hubby would hang my 2 new tiles but he is working 24-7 right now since he is a bossman at his job.I will give him till Monday and then I shall locate the hammer and do it myself :shock: :shock: (pray for me or shall I say the Sids)If y'all are nice I might just take a picture of me too :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to General Topics