Board index GENERAL General Topics Is the SD board ever coming back??

Is the SD board ever coming back??

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:40 am

Is it totally a done deal??Just wondering....I am so happy with this one but there are a few people I enjoyed whos email addys I dont have and I wish somebody had a list of the old board members to email them to let them know about this board...Does anybody have a list of email addys or a list of members from the other board??

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:28 am

It's my understanding that the old board was in suspension once before and it came back, so who knows what might happen.

As far as the emails, I know Jim email quite a lot of people telling them about this board. Of course, there are some that wish to remain unfriendly and perhaps their names were not on the list.

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:46 pm

zbellasmom wrote:
Is it totally a done deal??Just wondering....I am so happy with this one but there are a few people I enjoyed whos email addys I dont have and I wish somebody had a list of the old board members to email them to let them know about this board...Does anybody have a list of email addys or a list of members from the other board??

Just FYI, I received a nice email from Niedy yesterday. But...it sounded pretty doubtful that the message board on the Sid site will be back any time soon, if ever. Ironically, Sid Inc has received only POSITIVE feedback about shutting the board down. Apparently a lot of the mud slinging was keeping a lot of collectors that were reading the board from actually joining and participating...and to others, it had just become a real turn-off. So I wouldn't hold my breath for the old board coming back....ever. Niedy didn't actually say that, just my opinion though.

But we can turn a new leaf and keep that kind of garbage off of this site. And for the people who's email addresses I had, I have forwarded the information about this site to them. So hopefully they will all start popping up soon.
Jim

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:12 pm

I'm sure if Sid Inc. sees us all doing well and getting along on this site.
They may choose not to put back the other Sid message board.
Just a guess. :roll: :D

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:31 pm

I have sent out mass emails to many people........many have declined to join for various reasons.........that is cool though.........I think the Sid site will not be bringing back the board........it cost them a lot to keep it up everymonth as they had an out side company working it and Kashka was moderating and doing her actual job at Sid Inc as well.........

I have to agree with Jim.......I saw a lot of people leave in the last year over the negativity..............and can only begin to tell you of all the new collectors who emailed me and thanked me and others for their help but would not be participating because of it and how they got treated.........

some where along the line I think parts of the old group and a new group will make a new group that will have it's own new adventure............life is about beginings and endings and change and all sorts of new things we never dreamed...........

This is just a part of a new adventure for me...........I am interested to see where it goes..............
Beer...........It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Return to General Topics