Board index GENERAL General Topics What is your Favorite Block??

What is your Favorite Block??

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:52 pm

Here's your chance to tell the board about your favorite block.

It might be your favorite because it has a beautiful meaning or simply because of it's beauty. Please feel free to share your favorites here.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:09 pm

There are so many tiles I really like, but I'll have to say my favorite is the special one we received from Sid at our North Carolina Ho-Down. The Family Crest runs a close second. I love the 3-dimensional tiles best.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:29 pm

Bev, Your 'special block' is stunning!

My favorites are Jeweled Gown and the Crowned Prince.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:23 pm

kimberly wrote:
Bev, Your 'special block' is stunning!

My favorites are Jeweled Gown and the Crowned Prince.

Kimberly, you're so lucky to own those tiles ... they are very nice.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:06 pm

Kimbely,
I, too, have one the comemorative blocks like Bev's and I would have to say that it is my favorite because it is rare (only about 60 made) and it is the only one I have that is autographed.

Second only to that is Trademark. I don't know why, but that one appealed to me from the time I first saw it.

Allen

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:14 pm

My all time favorite tile hands down is Eve without border. I just think she is beautiful and ethereal :!: Love the colors in the tile, too!

Other favorites are the newer The Kiss and Divinity

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:15 pm

my favorite tile is..................................
the tree of life. It means so many different things.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:30 pm

I have to go with Bird in Flight.It was my first and it stopped me dead in my tracks and got me hooked on SD.I love alot of them but this is my fave.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:25 pm

this week I like the new Passage tile the best.......it is beautiful..........
Beer...........It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:56 pm

Florida New Guy wrote:
I, too, have one the comemorative blocks like Bev's and I would have to say that it is my favorite because it is rare (only about 60 made) and it is the only one I have that is autographed.

Just a bit of trivia: There were 67 of our NC Collectors Reunion tiles produced and they were personally made by Sid himself. I have the packing slip/work order in my possession which states the number of tiles that were made.
Jim

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:02 pm

My NC Collectors Reunion tile is priceless to me. For overall beauty, it is not my favorite. But for overall meaning, it wins hands down. A treasure to go along with the memories.

Leslie

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:09 pm

Jim,

Every time I look at that tile I think about that weekend and what a great time we all had. Thank you again, my friend, for putting that whole thing together.

Allen

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:30 pm

Allen,

It was 110% my pleasure. I thoroughly enjoyed putting that event together and I appreciate your very kind words. We all made memories and established friendships that will truly last a lifetime. I would love to plan another one, but it's only fair to give other collectors the opportunity to host. And I see from a prior post that things are not going to work out for Kelly and Shelly to host in '08. Ironically...today as a matter of fact, I met a business associate that is a group travel agent, and I was talking to her about the possibility of putting together a group Sid Collectors cruise. She was excited about it and that's what she specializes in...small groups of around 30-50 people or more. What do you guys think of that? Like a 4 day/3 night trip. Would you guys be interested in doing something like that in the future? If your feedback is positive, I can start putting together some ideas. Just a thought....
Jim

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:40 pm

Jim:

I've heard there's a limit of 16.5 people in this group. Count me in.

Leslie

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:42 pm

Handholder wrote:
Jim:

I've heard there's a limit of 16.5 people in this group. Count me in.

Leslie

I see you are using "Sheila math" again... :roll:
Jim

Next

Return to General Topics